Tuesday, April 21, 2015

WHY WRITING MATTERS...

Here I am in the South of France, working and still being completely surprised by the strength of the written word... I read A WRINKLE IN TIME by Madeline L'Engle when I was a small girl. It was published in 1962 - it changed my life and brought my imagination to new heights, along with a love of the possibilities of science fiction, the future.  Now three new pages have been released, and reading them brought me right back in time - to what I loved about that book.  I especially appreciate the typos, obviously written on a typewriter.  It's still profound - and over many decades I am still brought right back again, into that story.  May you all write for the ages.

Herewith, is the link if you are interested:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1881486/a-wrinkle-in-time-excerpt.pdf





No comments:

Post a Comment